Monday, December 15, 2008

'Twas the week before the week before Christmas...

So, here it is, 11 days (I think) before the big day. The day which always ends too quickly. The day where everyone behaves as I wish they would all year. The day for peace on earth, to men of good will (check the original translation). The day of unlimited thank-yous, hugs, and CHOCOLATE! Good times.

I still need to introduce you to some more elements of my mid-life family - today, at long last, I bring you my oldest: He has the best sense of humor, a great humorous outlook (there's a difference), and is oh-so-cute! His girlfriend agrees with me. So does his puppy. His name? Let's see, how about BBE - Big Blue Eyes? Does that work? I'll wait for all my followers (all one of her) to weigh in. He's big brother to PWTH, nameless brother, and HRH. Very cute. Smart. Funny. And growing into one heck of a man, thankyouverymuch.

If ever you need cheering up, just start telling him about some situation, and he will put a spin on it that will get everyone laughing. And not at the expense of someone else - he's not sarcastic. Just funny.

BBE, welcome to the blog. I'm sure Party Waiting To Happen & Her Royal Highness were getting a little anxious about hanging out there alone on the blogsphere. Now they've got him for company.

And Christmas? Well, let me put it like this: yesterday I did a shopping blitz, hitting 5 stores in 1.5 hours. I ended up with about 1/2 of what I need still. Hmm, it'll happen, ready or not. And, of course, I'm watching the mailbox/driveway like a hawk, trying to intercept packages before the kids see the return addresses. Just my luck, they probably X-ray the packages before the pkgs. hit the doorstep. Smart kids. NOSY!

Don't forget the Rebel for a Cause on my sidebar. The ending date is today, at noon. Give to a good cause. Enjoy the day! It's Christmas, it's Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment