Thursday, December 4, 2008

Followers? Anyone? Anyone?

Update: after I posted this, I checked how it looked on the screen. The FIRST thing I saw was my "verse of the week" which reads "They that WAIT ON THE LORD..." So, OK, Lord, you don't have to shout! I'll wait. Again.

Everything I just wrote and disappeared into cyberspace! I hate when that happens! I shall endeavor to reproduce verbatim everything I lost, but don't hold your breath....

Plug time: don't forget to click on the "Rebel for a Cause" linky thingy on the right & donate to 3 very worthy causes. We (bloggers) get nothing, but the sense of helping others. See post below for all the details.

It's been 4 whole days since I started blogging, and I have nary a follower to show for it. So, how about an incentive? IF you "follow" my blog, there will be a little something extra in your stocking this Christmas. How can I do this? Easy: Santa! Santa makes magic happen each and every year at my house. Children are helpful, my son doesn't fight with his younger sister for 24 hours, the house is clean for those same 24 hours (coincidence? doubtful).

Or, it's a God-thing. Yeah, that's probably what it is. "For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37. If God can impregnate a virgin by saying so, and have all that turn out for good, He can do anything. I believe that. Can he give me 10 million bucks? Sure. But He won't. That's not what I need. What I NEED is to depend on Him for everything I have: food, shelter, clothing, peace. And right now, I need a lot of peace. Home is in turmoil due to circumstances beyond our control, and I'm getting about 4 hours of sleep a night - in bits & pieces. I'm supposed to be celebrating the season of joy, and all I can do is worry about our turmoil. Yes, I do trust in God & depend on him for all things, but the what-if monster (Satan) knows each & every button I possess & is pushing ALL of them right now. I'm button weary. I need peace. Send me peace, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment