Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Beatles got it Right

Happy Birthday to me..... etc.

No, I'm NOT that shameless to go asking for birthday wishes! It's just that today, at work, I wished I was dead. There. I said it. I'm doing the best I can & it's not enough, and it's gotten me down. Plus, it really is my birthday.

So what happened to ease my mood? My sweet husband delivered an orchid plant, PLUS a box of Godiva chocolates to me, THEN made me eat 2 chocolates. He said I needed serotonin right away - who am I to argue?

Later, when I got to a school for the second time today, there was a "cup" of coffee waiting on me - a large Latte w/ nonfat milk, sugar-free cinnamon syrup, and lots of taste. Hubby comes through again. Oldest son, aka Big Blue Eyes, and his girlfriend snuck over to the school & left a bouquet of flowers & a "nun-grater" card on my windshield (I'll have to find it online & post it).

I get home (none too soon, let me assure you), and have over 37 birthday wishes on my Facebook wall. One of them was a youtube link to Paul McCartney singing the Beatles' Birthday Song! All these things have "worked together for good" to make me feel ever so much better, and just a little bit hopeful that this too shall end.

Have a great day for me & don't let the turkeys get you down :)

1 comment:

  1. So I'm really really late, but I blame it on the fact that my household is insane, nonetheless I want to wish you a WONDERFUL belated Birthday! You are amazing and I love being your bloggy friend! Praying that your days have all been filled with as much love as you were surrounded with on your birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete