Monday, December 1, 2008

Pink?

Just for the record, pink is NOT my favorite color! I grew up in a family of 11, surrounded by boys on all sides. I was a tree-climbing, mud puddle-jumping, stick-throwing tomboy. I didn't even LIKE boys until I met my now-husband. But something happened around the time I turned 45. Pink started happening. When I SCUBA certified, I got bright pink air hoses on my regulator. My wetsuit has pink on it. I even own a pink dress (it's technically dusty rose, but you get the idea). All these things are NOT normal for me. So what happened? Maybe it's my second childhood, in which I get to do all the things I didn't do the first time.

So, let's see. Since 2003, I've been to Mexico (Riviera Maya) 5 times. I snorkeled the first time, then we got certified, & SCUBA dive every time we go. I've gone to San Francisco. I've dabbled my toes in the Pacific. (it was COLD) I've been to Honduras & Venezuela on mission trips. I've FINALLY seen the Grand Canyon. In the snow. On my 50th birthday. I've completed 8 years of voice lessons.

What haven't I done? (Insert dream travel here) I haven't borne any more children - 4 is enough! I haven't divorced my husband - which is a good thing. I haven't been hospitalized (for longer than day-surgery). I haven't broken any bones. I HAVE totalled my car (flipped on the highway), which I hadn't done in quite some time.

The moral of the story? Live. Love. Laugh. Enjoy life! I certainly am.

No comments:

Post a Comment